Our Fall 2021 World Online Piping & Drumming Championships are sponsored by:
R.G. Hardie & Co. has a worldwide reputation for quality, innovation and crafting instruments played at the highest level of competition. I'm grateful for R.G. Hardie's support.
Managing Director Alastair Dunn writes:
"We are delighted to be a headline sponsor of the World Online Piping & Drumming Championships. This is a fantastic, well organised competition which connects pipers and drummers from around the world. It provides an opportunity to test your ability and receive constructive feedback from world class judges from the comfort of your home."
R. G. Hardie & Co. is a premium-quality bagpipe maker based in the heart of Glasgow, Scotland. The company is led by Alastair Dunn, double Gold Medallist and former Pipe Sergeant of 12-time World Champions, Field Marshal Montgomery Pipe Band. Our highly-skilled team includes pipers who have played at every level of competition, including Grade 1, and they are dedicated to providing premium-quality products and first-class customer service for all Pipe Band requirements. Hardies is part of the St. Kilda (Holdings) Group, which includes Gaelic Themes who specialise in Highland Dress, and have two manufacturing facilities in Glasgow. This association places Hardies in a unique position to supply Pipe Bands with bagpipes, bespoke uniforms, kilts, jackets and waistcoats, doublets, custom cap badges and kilt pins. The company utilises the latest technology in 3D printing, CNC machines and laser engraving, as well as time-honoured traditional skills.
R. G. Hardie & Co. was originally founded in a Bishopbriggs garden shed in 1950 by Robert Gavin Hardie, and his associates John Weatherston and Joe Henderson. Hardie was a championship-winning piper and had learnt bagpipe making from the Glasgow firms of Robert Reid and later Piobmor. Over time their bagpipes and pipe chanters became world famous among the piping community.
In 2018 the company celebrated 150 years of Peter Henderson bagpipe making with the creation of the Heritage bagpipe sets. These sets pay tribute to the Henderson tradition, instruments of the highest quality to play and pass onto the next generation.
R. G. Hardie & Co. has a worldwide reputation for quality, innovation and crafting instruments played at the highest level of competition. The company supplies its heirloom products throughout the world to places such as North America, Australasia, Europe, Abu Dhabi, Hong Kong, India and Brazil.
Please visit R.G. Hardie & Co. at rghardiebagpipes.com
The Fall 2021 World Online Piping & Drumming Championships is also sponsored by the BagpipeLessons.com Inner Circle Membership, which includes weekly LIVE online video group classes and access to an exclusive library of hundreds of videos, tunes and lessons on nearly every piping topic.
Past Prize Giveaways
We've given away some great, award-winning items for our early entrants and event winners from the BagpipeLessons.com Shop in previous competitions:
- BagpipeLessons.com Membership — one year of exclusive access to the BagpipeLessons.com Studio Online Lesson Library and BagpipeLessons.com Inner Circle with new weekly live online classes.
- Tone Protector™ — digital chanter cap with two-way humidity control technology.
- Tone Protector™ Reed Case — humidity-stabilization for all of your reeds.
- Bagpipe Gauge — learn to blow your pipes strong and steady.
- The Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker — improve your sound and extend the life of your reeds.
- Piper's Advantage™ Bagpipe Phone Mount — use your smartphone with your pipes
- The new 'Foundation' Reed — humidity-stabilized and hand picked for you so it's ready to play right out of the package.
Other prizes from previous competitions have included:
- Ezeedrone Standard Drone Reed Set, donated by PipeDreams.
- Reed Wizard, donated by Tartantown.
- Blow Pro Digital Pressure Gauge, donated by Tartantown.
- Two Reeds of Winner's Choice, donated by Tartantown.
- Small Goatskin Bagpipe Bag, donated by Ross Bagpipe Bags.
- Ross Suede Canister Bag, donated by Ross Bagpipe Bags.
- Chris Armstrong Pipe Music Collection, donated by Chris Armstrong.
- Hybrid pipe bag in winner's choice of style and size, donated by Bannatyne Ltd.
- Dri-Flo system, donated by Bannatyne Ltd.
- A New Compleat Theory for the Bagpipe by Dr. Matthew Welch, donated by Matthew Welch.
- R.G. Hardie Baseball Cap, donated by R.G. Hardie & Co.
- Long Twist-Trap Celtic-engraved Plastic Practice Chanter, donated by R.G. Hardie & Co.
- Bagpipe Polishing Kit, donated by R.G. Hardie & Co.
- Pipe Band Ear Plugs, donated by R.G. Hardie & Co.
- Infinity B♭ Plastic Pipe Chanter, donated by R.G. Hardie & Co.
- 3D Printed Drone Extenders, donated by R.G. Hardie & Co.
Drum products donated by James Laughlin:
- One month free Pipe Band Inner Circle Membership.
- Pipe Band Drum Score Collection Grade 1 by James Laughlin.
- Pipe Band Grade 4 Drum Score Collection by James Laughlin.
- Our Journey eBook, by James Laughlin.
Previous prizes have also included:
- Bannatyne Hybrid Pipe Bag, donated by Bannatyne Ltd.
- Dri Flo Lightweight Moisture Control System, donated by Bannatyne Ltd.
- John Dew's new book, donated by John Dew.
- "The High Bridge Walk" CD, donated by John Dew.
- R.G. Hardie Water Bottle, donated by R.G. Hardie & Co.
- 3 pair PB2 Snare Sticks, donated by Andante Percussion.
- 3 Andante Practice Pads, donated by Andante Percussion.
- 2 pair Andante Tenor Sticks, donated by Andante Percussion.
Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Read the complete giveaway rules here.