Bannatyne EXTENDED SMALL Hybrid Leather/Synthetic Pipe Bag with Bottom Zip
In stock (can be backordered)
Bannatyne Hybrid Pipe Bags are some of the world’s most popular pipe bags for pipers of all levels from beginners to world champions.
- Bannatyne Pipe Bags are known for their high quality manufacturing, the comfort of their design, and the long-lasting value.
- Includes bottle water trap.
- The zipper gives easy access to the inside of the bag and gives 100% freedom of choice to use the included bottle trap or any combination of water traps, canisters, or other moisture control systems.
- Zipper is positioned along the bottom of the bag — not the side, which can interfere with proper squeezing of the bag with the arm.
- The hybrid bags have a leather outer layer which gives the feel and comfort of a traditional leather bag.
- The synthetic inner layer keeps the bag 100% airtight with no need for any additional maintenance or seasoning — regardless of whether you play the bag every day or only intermittently.
- The easy-to-follow instructions make installation of the pipe bag simple and quick, even for someone who has never done it before.
- No need to learn the complex techniques used for”tying in” a traditional leather bag.
I have been using the Bannatyne Hybrid Bag, which is available in a range of sizes to suit individuals, for over a year now. Pipers of all abilities and ages will benefit from the easy installation and comfortable playing position the bag provides, giving the piper complete satisfaction during performances. Having played the bag and system for over a year at a real intense level of practice and performance, I would say that once the player gets to know their own moisture levels and how long they can play in any one practice session or performance, they will enjoy the benefit.
-Pipe Major Gordon Walker
I love my Bannatyne hybrid pipe bag. The bag is exceptionally well made and feels solid under my arm. Any piper can install it in less than five minutes. The ingenious combination of leather and synthetic layers provides the best of both worlds: the solid feel of a traditional hide bag on the outside with a quick-drying inside that remains perfectly airtight and maintenance-free even after years of heavy playing. The high-quality zipper allows easy access to any combination of water traps or moisture control system that you prefer. I play a hybrid bag with a zipper on the bottom, and Bannatyne offers a wide range of sizes and configurations. The size and shape of the bag are an important part of my winning set up. The bag stays firmly under my arm with no slippage and helps me play my pipes with comfort and ease even during the most demanding performances. For many years, I have been recommending Bannatyne pipe bags to all my students and everyone loves them!
-Jori Chisholm, Founder of BagpipeLessons.com
I have been playing the Bannatyne hide zip pipe bag for two years. The bag is excellent for quality and comfort, and I like the more substantial feel of the bag under the arm.