World Online Piping & Drumming Championship Awards will be announced and every competitor will automatically have the opportunity to win in several different categories.
• Individual Event Winners: The top six winners in each solo event.
• Overall Champions: The top six overall winners in each Grade category (e.g., Grade 5 Solo Piping).
• Champion with Most Points Overall: The top six overall winners across all categories (all pipers and drummers combined).
• Champion Pipe Band (or Team) with Most Points: The top six bands or teams with the most combined points from solo and band events. Solo competitors who aren’t members of bands may join together in teams to compete for the award for Champion Pipe Band or Team with Most Solo Points.
• Champion Association with Most Points: The top six piping or pipe band associations with the most combined points from solo and band events.
• Champion Country with Most Points: The top six countries with the most combined points from all events. A chance to represent your country and show your national pride, just like the Olympic Games.
• P/M Alasdair Gillies Memorial Challenge: The top six winners in each grade level will be announced and the overall winner will be the Pipe Major Alasdair Gillies Memorial Challenge 2/4 March Champion and will receive an award to further his or her piping education.
Additional prizes will be given for solo and band competitors in these categories:
• Best Dress & Deportment
• Best Video Background
• Best Soloist competing in service member uniform (military, police, fire, civil service, etc.)
• Best School Piper or Drummer competing in school band uniform
New Open Level Solo Piping and Side Drumming events:
These events are for the highest level of solo competition (above Grade One), also called Open, Professional, or Senior (CPA Grades A, B, C, and Premier).
• Open Piping Piobaireachd
• Open Piping March, Strathspey & Reel
• Open Piping Hornpipe & Jig
• Open Side Drumming March, Strathspey & Reel
• Open Side Drumming Hornpipe & Jig
A total of $2200 (US Dollars) in prizes will be awarded to the overall winners with the most combined points in both Open piping or Open side drumming:
• 1st place ($500)
• 2nd place ($300)
• 3rd place ($200)
• 4th place ($100)