The Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker for Bagpipe Chanter Reeds with Storage Case
The Piper's Ultimate Reed Poker is a must-have if you want to have a world-class bagpipe sound. It will bring your reeds back to life and it will save you hundreds of dollars that you'd otherwise spend on new reeds
In stock (can be backordered)
The Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker is a must-have if you want to have a world-class bagpipe sound. It will bring your reeds back to life and it will save you hundreds of dollars that you’d otherwise spend on new reeds
- One of the best-kept secrets of top pipers is the the specialized tool called a reed poker.
- Use the poker when your pipe chanter reed starts to get a little bit too easy, chirps, squeals, or starts to sound sharp and thin.
- As you play a new reed, it starts to break in, getting easier and more efficient. But the cane can get too soft — this is where the reed poker comes in.
- A small adjustment (we’re talking 1/1000ths of an inch) to the metal staple inside the reed can bring a reed back to life, extend the playable life of the reed, and give you a brighter, crisper, stronger, more stable sound.
- The only way to open up a reed from the inside is with a reed poker.
- It has a smooth point which allows you to precisely control just how much you want to open the reed.
- Easy-to-use. Totally intuitive.
- Simply insert the poker a bit further to open up the reed a little bit more.
- Other blunt, square-shaped pokers can get stuck or can damage the reed by twisting.
Here’s what one piper wrote about the The Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker:
Best. Reed. Poker. Yet… Out of about 20 reeds that were the “last to be picked”… it made four reeds I previously would have dismissed and turned them “very usable.” Two reeds that were “borderline”, were quickly turned into “quite good”. It’s already paid for itself.