BagpipeLessons.com Announces Dates for Summer 2021 World Online Piping & Drumming Championships
The world’s top online piping and drumming competition returns this summer! Now with more than 7,000 total entries from competitors from more than 20 countries, the World Online Piping & Drumming Championships is a great opportunity to compete in a global setting without travel. Due to safety and health concerns, many Highland Games and other in-person competitions have unfortunately been cancelled this year, making the online forum especially valuable for pipers and drummers everywhere who want to continue challenging themselves and competing with the best.
The World Online Piping & Drumming Championships judging panel is made up of some of the top-ranked pipers and drummers in the world — World Champions, Gold Medal winners, top Pipe Majors, soloists and seasoned educators who offer individualized feedback to every competitor. This valuable judging commentary allows competitors to progress and develop their practice. The World Online Piping & Drumming Championships also helps expose entrants to thousands of other musical performances, available to watch on YouTube. These special offerings explain why competitors keep coming back year after year to perform, compete and engage with the global online piping and drumming community.
More information can be found at BagpipeLessons.com/competition. Competitor registration deadline is July 21, 2021.
About Jori Chisholm and BagpipeLessons.com
BagpipeLessons.com is the world’s leading site for bagpipe education. Chisholm has been teaching online one-on-one video lessons since 2003 when webcams and high-speed internet first became available. He was featured on the front page of the New York Times in a story about the growth of online music lessons. Chisholm created the world’s first series of bagpipe tune and video lessons, which have been downloaded by thousands of pipers around the world! As a competitive bagpiper, Chisholm has won many top awards, including the U.S. Gold Medal for Piping (four times) and many top awards in Scotland at the Argyllshire Gathering, Northern Meeting, Cowal Highland Games, and Royal Braemar Gathering. He has also played with the world-famous Simon Fraser University Pipe Band, winning the World Pipe Band Championships three times, performing at the Sydney Opera House, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, and at New York’s Lincoln Center. Chisholm is also one of the bagpipe world’s leading innovators, having developed several successful products including:
• The Perfect Angle Blowpipe Positioner™ — the Perfect Angle™ allows you to find and adjust the position of your blowpipe so it is always held securely at the perfect angle, keeping it at the best spot for ideal posture, optimal ergonomics, greatest stamina and most overall comfort.
• Tone Protector™ — the world’s first digital reed protector which maintains the reed at a perfect, stable humidity level so it’s always ready to play (2010-2019 Product of the Decade Runner Up by pipes|drums).
• Tone Protector™ Reed Case — offers unparalleled protection for your most important and valuable pipe chanter reeds (2019 Product of the Year by pipes|drums)
• Bagpipe Gauge — the best tool for helping pipers learn to blow their pipes strong and steady.
• Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker — a specialized tool to help pipers improve their sound and extend the life of their reeds.
• Piper’s Advantage™ Bagpipe Phone Mount — the world’s first bagpipe phone mount for smartphones and metronomes.
• Piper’s Metronome™ — the best metronome app made specifically for the way pipers learn and express their tunes. Available for iOS and Android.