A Competition for Pipers and Drummers All Across the Globe.
Seattle, Wash., March 15, 2021. BagpipeLessons.com announces the return of their online piping and drumming competition, The World Online Piping & Drumming Championships for Spring 2021. While most of the world’s Scottish Highland Games are still either cancelled or postponed for the year, this online competition is an innovative and unique opportunity for competitors to compete from the safety and comfort of their own home.
“I wanted to expand the opportunities for pipers to enjoy and learn from playing in competitions, without the expense and complications of travel, even before the pandemic. This led me to create the world’s first online bagpipe competition in 2011,” says Jori Chisholm, World Champion bagpiper and founder of BagpipeLessons.com. “We’ve experienced record competition entry submissions over the past year, and plan on continuing and expanding the event in the future. It’s been an incredibly rewarding process.”
Competitors receive individualized feedback from some of the best pipers and drummers in the world—World Champions, Gold Medal winners, top Pipe Majors, and soloists. Comments are posted publicly, and all entrants are free to watch all other contestant videos. These special offerings are much of why pipers and drummers keep coming back season after season. The valuable judging commentary and exposure to thousands of other musical performances allows competitors to truly improve and develop their crafts in a meaningful way.
More information can be found at BagpipeLessons.com/competition. Competitor registration deadline is April 22, 2021.
About Jori Chisholm and BagpipeLessons.com
BagpipeLessons.com is the world’s leading site for bagpipe education. Chisholm has been teaching online one-on-one video lessons since 2003 when webcams and high-speed internet first became available. He was featured on the front page of the New York Times in a story about the growth of online music lessons. Chisholm created the world’s first series of bagpipe tune and video lessons, which have been downloaded by thousands of pipers around the world! As a competitive bagpiper, Chisholm has won many top awards, including the U.S. Gold Medal for Piping (four times) and many top awards in Scotland at the Argyllshire Gathering, Northern Meeting, Cowal Highland Games, and Royal Braemar Gathering. He has also played with the world-famous Simon Fraser University Pipe Band, winning the World Pipe Band Championships three times, performing at the Sydney Opera House, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, and at New York’s Lincoln Center.
Chisholm is also one of the bagpipe world’s leading innovators, having developed several successful products including:
• Tone Protector™: the world’s first digital reed protector which maintains the reed at a perfect, stable humidity level so it’s always ready to play (2010-2019 Product of the Decade Runner Up by Pipes|Drums).
• Tone Protector™ Reed Case (2019 Product of the Year by Pipes|Drums)
• Bagpipe Gauge: the best tool for helping pipers learn to blow their pipes strong and steady.
• Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker: a specialized tool to help pipers improve their sound and extend the life of their reeds.
• Piper’s Advantage™ Bagpipe Phone Mount: the world’s first bagpipe phone mount for smartphones and metronomes.
• Piper’s Metronome™: the best metronome app made specifically for the way pipers learn and express their tunes. Available for iOS and Android.