The World Online Piping & Drumming Championships Returns this Fall
BagpipeLessons.com announces dates for their third online piping and drumming competition of the year. Providing high quality judging, a well-organized competitive environment and a fun and inviting overall experience, this competition has become the largest and top-ranked online piping competition available. By popular demand, this season includes a brand new event — Piping Duets, which allow two pipers of any level to play a tune or medley of choice together. This season also includes a new scholarship opportunity for pipers 18 and under, the Colin MacKenzie Memorial Piobaireachd Challenge, named for Jori Chisholm’s first piping instructor and mentor. The scholarship award will be given to a piper of any non-pro/open grade level showing great promise and potential in their Piobaireachd performance in order to further their piping education.
Introduced in 2011, the World Online Piping & Drumming Championships fosters an ever-widening piping and drumming community around the world and provides the valuable experience of competition for everyone, from seasoned competitive professionals to beginners and those not yet immersed in a piping association or pipe band community. This type of competition creates better musicians for both regular performers and for those who may rarely have the chance to compare their skills to others in a larger setting. The World Online Piping & Drumming Championships is the only online competition to offer public access to the complete results, including every competitor’s video, placement and judge’s comments. This high quality judging commentary and wide array of event choices (80+) have allowed the World Online Piping & Drumming Championships to thrive as a top contender in the online piping and drumming realm.
More information can be found at BagpipeLessons.com/competition.
Competitor registration deadline is November 17, 2021.
About Jori Chisholm and BagpipeLessons.com
BagpipeLessons.com is the world’s leading site for bagpipe education. Chisholm has been teaching online one-on-one video lessons since 2003 when webcams and high-speed internet first became available. He was featured on the front page of the New York Times in a story about the growth of online music lessons. Chisholm created the world’s first series of bagpipe tune and video lessons, which have been downloaded by thousands of pipers around the world! As a competitive bagpiper, Chisholm has won many top awards, including the U.S. Gold Medal for Piping (four times) and many top awards in Scotland at the Argyllshire Gathering, Northern Meeting, Cowal Highland Games, and Royal Braemar Gathering. He has also played with the world-famous Simon Fraser University Pipe Band, winning the World Pipe Band Championships three times, performing at the Sydney Opera House, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, and at New York’s Lincoln Center. Chisholm is also one of the bagpipe world’s leading innovators, having developed several successful products including:
• The Perfect Angle Blowpipe Positioner™ — the Perfect Angle™ allows you to find and adjust the position of your blowpipe so it is always held securely at the perfect angle, keeping it at the best spot for ideal posture, optimal ergonomics, greatest stamina and most overall comfort.
• Tone Protector™ — the world’s first digital reed protector which maintains the reed at a perfect, stable humidity level so it’s always ready to play (2010-2019 Product of the Decade Runner Up by pipes|drums).
• Tone Protector™ Reed Case — offers unparalleled protection for your most important and valuable pipe chanter reeds (2019 Product of the Year by pipes|drums)
• Bagpipe Gauge — the best tool for helping pipers learn to blow their pipes strong and steady.
• Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker — a specialized tool to help pipers improve their sound and extend the life of their reeds.
• Piper’s Advantage™ Bagpipe Phone Mount — the world’s first bagpipe phone mount for smartphones and metronomes.
• Piper’s Metronome™ — the best metronome app made specifically for the way pipers learn and express their tunes. Available for iOS and Android.